Tuesday, January 15, 2008

W.P.O.T.D. - Best Man and Matron of Honor Speeches

My sister Amy was my Matron of Honor. When she & Brian got married in October 2003, I was her Maid of Honor. At that time, I asked her if it would be okay with her if I didn't give a Maid of Honor speech at her reception. I felt too shy about speaking in front of everyone! She agreed, and I told her that she didn't have to give a speech at my future wedding reception. Well, since then I have regretted not giving a speech at her reception. I was so proud of her when she gave a Matron of Honor speech at our reception. She did a beautiful job! You can read her speech here (near the bottom of the post):



Jeff's Best Man was his best friend Ken. Ken's speech was also very good. Jeff returned the favor five weeks later when he was Best Man in Ken and Suzanne's wedding!


2 comments:

Jennifer from Ohio said...

I thought that Amy made a beautiful speech!

AEGN said...

Thanks, Mary. I am happy I did the toast. And I didn't have to be nervous about it until literally 3 minutes before I gave it!